Documentary film production site of (tentatively titled) "The Drift"

Sunday, July 02, 2006

The painted word

I find it hard to believe that's been a month since my last update.

Well, editing has been postponed until further notice. I've resumed shooting once again and will until need be. I feel the much needed bits and pieces of material are, well, materializing. I've also not had the time to edit, or the peace of mind lately. I've been running around, traveling with the change in my pocket, and working more than usual (which still isn't much). And considering I am shooting new material, editing before this period is over muddies the waters and shields the necessary clarity I need.

It pains me to say it but I don't think I will be finished this year. Which means two years of my life (on and off of course, mostly off) will have been put to use on one film. Jesus. I don't have the time or money to finish by year's end, and I will be working again fulltime come fall out of dire necessity. I've been working part time for over a year now and it's not enough...and much needed post production work cannot be done without sufficient funding, which I will have to save up for.

I am very glad, however, that I was derailed for awhile, as it occurred to me that the first twenty or so minutes is absolutely horrendous: no clarity, quick pointless cuts, and rushed. I will be starting from scratch when all necessary materials are shot, and begin once again. The new material is clearing up things for me enormously, and I am finally finding a (somewhat) clear path to trudge through.

In the meantime, I will try to update more, even if they're long bitchy posts. In the end, I hope, I can make a decent film and look back on this blog with (some) hindsight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home